Global super influencer, Diipa Büller-Khosla graced the cover of Khush Wedding's spring issue and looked effortlessly ethereal while doing so. Celebrity bridal hair and make-up artist Kaniz Ali reveals her must-have beauty products to create Diipa's radiant cover look.
Skincare is essential for achieving a flawless and glowing appearance. For Diipa I recommended she use the Origins 10 Minute Hydrating Mask. The formula is infused with amazing ingredients such as Swiss glacier water, hyaluronic acid and Apricot.
Combined together they boost and brighten the skin perfectly. As Diipa was flying to London from Amsterdam, this mask was a fast and faultless remedy for all that travelling.
• Drink Up 10 Minute Hydrating Mask, Origins, £22, www.Origins.co.uk
Estée Lauder’s Advanced Night Repair Serum is a godsend! I recommend each of my brides to use this the night before their weddings, and I also ensured Diipa used this before shooting the cover.
The formula works with instant results; it helps plump the skin which gives the ultimate canvas to build the base.
• Advanced Night Repair Serum (30ml), Estée Lauder, £55, www.EsteeLauder.co.uk
Moisturising is a key step for the base and Darphin’s 8-Flower Oil cream was my pick for hydrating Diipa’s skin. It leaves the skin feeling supple and nourished as well as providing a smooth surface to start applying makeup products.
• 8-Flower Nectar Oil Cream, Darphin, £70, www.Darphin.co.uk
Primers are crucial for any base; the primer prevents makeup from moving which is necessary for both shoots and weddings.
The Tom Ford Illuminating Primer has skin-retexturing ingredients within its formula. It has a wonderfully silky texture and brightens the tone of the skin, creating that lit-from-within aesthetic.
• Illuminating Primer, Tom Ford, £60, www.TomFord.co.uk
Bobbi Brown has a fantastic range of foundations but my favourite to use is the Skin Long-Wear Weightless Foundation. Its satin-like texture makes for an even application, and the foundation is still light and breathable, which gives a very natural finish.
• Skin Long-Wear Weightless Foundation SPF 15, Bobbi Brown, £32, www.BobbiBrown.co.uk
Travel and sleep are two things that can show on the skin, but with Clinique’s Beyond Perfecting Super Concealer this is no longer an issue.
The Apricot coloured concealer targets the blue discolouration of the veins within eye bags and neutralises this. A few touches of this correcting concealer helped to give Diipa her well-rested and healthy glow.
• Beyond Perfecting Super Concealer, Clinique, £18.50, www.Clinique.co.uk
After the eyebags had been colour corrected, I went into the skin with the Estée Lauder’s Double Wear Instant Fix Concealer.
This helped to brighten the under-eye area for Diipa, the concealer is full coverage and applies with a lightweight consistency.
• Double Wear Instant Fix Concealer, Estée Lauder, £25, www.EsteeLauder.co.uk
Bobbi Brown’s Nude Finish Illuminating Powder gave the base its impeccable finish. The pressed powder is so fine and delicate; it sits on the skin beautifully.
With its blend of botanical ingredients, it gives the skin a very natural glow, as seen on Diipa on the Khush Wedding cover.
• Nude Finish Illuminating Powder, Bobbi Brown, £42, www.BobbiBrown.co.uk
EYEBROWS AND EYES:
Bold brows are a must, for Diipa I used MAC’s Pro Longwear Waterproof Brow Set to give her fuller and more structured statement brows.
• Pro Longwear Waterproof Brow Set, MAC Cosmetics, £31, www.MacCosmetics.co.uk
For the eyes, I went in with the stunning Ablaze Cover Shot Eye Palette from Smashbox. These pigmented and warm shades helped to sculpt a very poignant eyeshadow look.
• Ablaze Cover Shot Eye Palette, Smashbox, £24, www.Smashbox.co.uk
To intensify Diipa’s eye look, I used Tom Ford’s Eye Kohl Intense liner in the shade Onyx. This sultry kohl liner brings the eyes alive with its smouldering and pigmented appearance.
• Eye Kohl Intense Onyx, Tom Ford, £29, www.TomFord.co.uk
For wispy, statement lashes I opted for MAC’s 4 Lash false eyelashes. The lashes are striking and give a fuller flurry of lashes.
• 4 LASH, MAC Cosmetics, £11.50, www.MacCosmetics.co.uk
A sweep of beautiful blush gave Diipa that lovely burst of colour with Clinique’s Cheek Pop Pink blush. Blush helps shape and define the face, but you should always use a feather-light touch.
• Cheek Pop Pink Pop, Clinique, £17, www.Clinique.co.uk
For Diipa’s lips, my favourite product is Tom Ford with this stunning yet neutral shade.
Tom Ford uses Brazilian Murumuru butter and Chamomilla flower oil which leaves the lips looking wonderfully moisturised.
• Tom Ford Lip Colour Bare Peach, Tom Ford, £40, www.TomFord.co.uk
Finally, to set Diipa’s makeup, I used the one and only, Mac Prep + Prime Fix + spray. I always carry this with me for all my clients as it's the ultimate setting spray. Just a few spritzes and your makeup will not move.
• Prep + Prime Fix + (100ml), MAC Cosmetics, £19, www.MacCosmetics.co.uk
For hair, often bigger is better, with Diipa’s long tresses I used a spritz of Aveda’s Volumizing Tonic. This helped to strengthen her sleek mane from root to end while styling her hair.
• Volumizing Tonic, Aveda, £20, www.Aveda.co.uk
The final touch was a delicate spritz of Diipa’s signature scents from Jo Malone. Diipa had both Mimosa and Cardamom Cologne and Jasmine Sambac and Marigold Cologne to scent her wedding.
So as an extra treat, we had these scents waiting for her to set the tone for this stunning cover shoot.
• Mimosa and Cardamom (100ml) Cologne, Jo Malone, £94, www.JoMalone.co.uk
• Jasmine Sambac and Marigold (100ml) Cologne, Jo Malone, £120, www.JoMalone.co.uk
+44(0)7590 518 492 (By Appointment Only)
Order your copy of Khush Wedding here
Editor-in-Chief: Sonia Ullah
Creative Director: Manni Sahota
Fashion Editor: Vikas Rattu
Photography: Avinash Gowariker
Hair and Makeup: Kaniz Ali